Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Public Access

September 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
7:00am [7:30am] Board of Directors Policy Briefing Meeting
Following is the list of Board of Directors Policy Briefing Meeting dates for 2017. All meetings will be held at 7:30 a.m. in the Manchester Room of Town Hall, 41 Center Street, Manchester, Connecticut. January 24 February 28 March 28 (Cancelled) April 25 (Cancelled) May 23 (Cancelled) June 27 July 25 August 22 September 26 October 24 (Cancelled) November 28(Cancelled) December 19

9:00am [9:00am] Manchester Land Trust Tag Sale
Come and shop! Lots of books, tools, household items, furniture, toys, games, etc. The tag sale raises funds for the Land Trust and its open-space properties, including the 62-acre farm off Bush Hill Road in Manchester and Glastonbury. Tag sale is September 22 to September 30, from 9:00am to 2:00pm each day.

FIRE FLOW TESTS–Tuesday September 26th at 10:00 A.M. Forest Street, by House Numbers 43 & 50, Manchester, CT The Water Division will conduct fire flow/hydraulic capacity tests at area in the vicinity of numbers 43 & 50 Forest St, Manchester, CT, to determine the effects upon the water distribution system. The tests will take place on Tuesday September 26 at 10:00 A.M.. The hydrant flow test may result in reduced pressure and/or discoloration of the water in the area of 43 & 50 Forest St. If water appears discolored, the homeowner should try to avoid using it until it clears. This will prevent rust and sediment from being brought into the home’s system. If sediment does get into a home’s hot water tank, the homeowner should wait until the water clears and then open the faucet at the bottom of the tank to drain the collected material, which will settle at the bottom. Also, if a load of wash is done during the period of discolored water, the load should be kept wet and done again after the water clears. Four ounces of cream of tartar should be added to help clean any discoloration of the clothing. It normally takes a few hours for the water to clear in a home. If water appears discolored for an extended period, the homeowner should call the Water Division at 647-3201.

12:00pm [12:00pm] BLOOD DRIVE Manchester
Please visit a blood drive today and save a life! To schedule your appointment call 1-800-RED CROSS or visit us online at the website below. Walk-ins are welcome or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767)

NOTICE The Town of Manchester will hold a public informational meeting for the proposed project to make safety improvements on Buckland Street at the Buckland Hills Drive/Pleasant Valley Road intersection, on Tuesday, September 26th at 6:30 p.m. in the Hearing Room (1st Floor) at Lincoln Center, 494 Main Street, Manchester, CT. The proposed improvements include replacing the existing traffic control signal, removing the right-turn lane channelizing islands and other appurtenant work . Based on the preliminary assessment, the project cost is approximately $903,000. It is expected that the construction phase of this project will be 90% funded under the State of Connecticut Department of Transportation’s Local Accident Reduction Program. The remaining 10% will be funded locally with Public Works Bond funding. The tentative schedules for the design and construction of this project will be discussed at the public informational meeting. Preliminary design plans showing the proposed improvements are available for public inspection at the following location: Town of Manchester Lincoln Center Engineering Division (2nd Floor) 494 Main Street Manchester, Connecticut 06040 Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or online at: http://engineering1.townofmanchester.org/index.cfm/buckland-signal-improvements/ Written statements and exhibits in place of, or in addition to, oral statements made at the meeting may be submitted either at the public informational meeting or delivered to Mr. Jeff LaMalva, P.E., Town Engineer, Town of Manchester Engineering Division, PO Box 191, Manchester, CT 06045-0191, on or before October 6, 2017. Such written statements or exhibits must be reproducible in black and white, and on paper not to exceed 8½“ x 11" in size. Comments may also be emailed to pwinfo@manchesterct.gov. These written statements or exhibits will be made part of the project record and will be considered in the same way as oral statements. The Town's engineering staff will be available at the meeting to answer questions anyone may have regarding the project plans being presented. All persons interested in this project are welcome to attend the public informational meeting. Deaf and hearing impaired persons wishing to attend this informational meeting and requiring an interpreter may make arrangements by contacting the Town of Manchester Engineering Division at (860) 647-3158 at least five working days prior to the meeting.